In May 2011, after four years of life on McNutt's Island, we moved to Montreal. This blog remains, though, as a (sort of) daily record of our time on the island, and a winding path for anyone who would like to meander about among its magical places. For additional perspectives and insights I recommend Greg's book, Island Year: Finding Nova Scotia (2010), and my Bowl of Light (2012). I'll continue to post once in a while. If you do want to read this blog, one option would be to begin at the beginning of it (which is, as we all know, in blog-world, at the end), and read forward, concluding with the most recent entry. It's a journal, really, so it does makes more sense if you read it that way. But, you know, read it any way you like.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our first cider making day

It was a beautiful, delicious day.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is a delightful blog. I found it from a link from Tiny House Blog yet I see that it is a small world because I also love and read "Our Life and Times on PEI". I am in Calgary but we have a little spot in PEI we hope to move to soon. I want to start from the beginning of your blog and learn about your background and why you moved there (and get your book). Am I at the right place for the beginning? Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Heather

Anne Yarbrough said...

Heather, Hi! and thanks for reading! Yes, I think you are at the beginning, here. I hope you enjoy wending your way through these posts... Greg's book gives you the background to our coming to McNutt's Island. My blog just starts up in the middle of our life here, with no real explanation. He's got the back story!