In May 2011, after four years of life on McNutt's Island, we moved to Montreal. This blog remains, though, as a (sort of) daily record of our time on the island, and a winding path for anyone who would like to meander about among its magical places. For additional perspectives and insights I recommend Greg's book, Island Year: Finding Nova Scotia (2010), and my Bowl of Light (2012). I'll continue to post once in a while. If you do want to read this blog, one option would be to begin at the beginning of it (which is, as we all know, in blog-world, at the end), and read forward, concluding with the most recent entry. It's a journal, really, so it does makes more sense if you read it that way. But, you know, read it any way you like.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Reading locally: Bay of Fundy Blog

From deep within the Bay of Fundy, at Parrsboro, comes the blog called Bay of Fundy Blog. Here's what Terri writes in her profile:

So here I was on the Bay of Fundy, minding my own business, when I realized that normal people don't get to see 100 billion tonnes of seawater flowing back and forth in front of their kitchen windows every day. As someone who has grown up living and working here, I've taken it upon myself to blog my experiences with the highest tides on the planet.

My Photo

Really, you need to visit this blog. The photographs are amazing, the lay-out is lovely, and Terri's sparkly posts are fascinating takes on life in a very odd place indeed. You'll thank me for this.

1 comment:

MargaretJ said...

Here's another blog you may enjoy - this one's from Brier Island in Digby Co.

http://brierisland.blogspot.com/

I check yours and hers everyday along with the Digby webcam to get my NS "fix" for the day.

Margaret Jeddry
Nahant, MA & Meteghan, NS