In May 2011, after four years of life on McNutt's Island, we moved to Montreal. This blog remains, though, as a (sort of) daily record of our time on the island, and a winding path for anyone who would like to meander about among its magical places. For additional perspectives and insights I recommend Greg's book, Island Year: Finding Nova Scotia (2010), and my Bowl of Light (2012). I'll continue to post once in a while. If you do want to read this blog, one option would be to begin at the beginning of it (which is, as we all know, in blog-world, at the end), and read forward, concluding with the most recent entry. It's a journal, really, so it does makes more sense if you read it that way. But, you know, read it any way you like.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Only connect

I love my new connection with Amy-Lynn Bell, who writes about the natural world at Flandrum Hill. I can't remember now how I came upon her blog a few weeks ago, but it is beautiful, insightful and always fresh. Amy-Lynn also lives on Nova Scotia's Atlantic coast, but north of Halifax. So it's interesting to compare our experiences of nature from the two different vantage points.    

Today Greg and I were admiring a woodpecker on a snag. This evening I see that Amy-Lynn has identified it for us.  This kind of thing has been happening all month. I think we have one of those weird connections you run across with people now and then. If you like reading Nova Scotia Island Journal you will also enjoy Flandrum Hill. 


Mary Cassatt, The Letter. 

No comments: