In May 2011, after four years of life on McNutt's Island, we moved to Montreal. This blog remains, though, as a (sort of) daily record of our time on the island, and a winding path for anyone who would like to meander about among its magical places. For additional perspectives and insights I recommend Greg's book, Island Year: Finding Nova Scotia (2010), and my Bowl of Light (2012). I'll continue to post once in a while. If you do want to read this blog, one option would be to begin at the beginning of it (which is, as we all know, in blog-world, at the end), and read forward, concluding with the most recent entry. It's a journal, really, so it does makes more sense if you read it that way. But, you know, read it any way you like.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seals at Indian Point

The seals like to sun themselves on the rocks off Indian Point. As the days grow warmer we will begin to hear them singing, but for now they seem content to lie about.  They did not seem terribly perturbed when I crept up on them the other day. I used my best seal stalking techniques, which mostly consisted of trying not to slip on the rockweed and make a big splash which would likely make them disgusted with me. I don't have a telephoto lens, but I cropped this photo so that you can sort of see them, even if not too well. 

No comments: